Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wk4 Publishing Leadership Project

Journey by Katielips - Creative Commons Licensing
Month 11 draws slowly to a close. Meaning I am one step closer to my EMDT journey being over. It is hard to believe that it is almost done. I can remember this time last year as I was getting my paperwork together to begin the program and coming home one day to find a shiny new MacBook Pro waiting for me. This journey has been a fun and fulfilling one.

My action research (AR) project focused on what effects utilizing concept maps in a first grade science classroom would have upon learning vocabulary. The data collected revealed that the use of concept maps had a positive effect upon the learning for the targeted students. I was genuinely pleased with the outcomes produced from this AR. Especially the positive influence on the use of concept maps that transcended across the curriculum.

For the week 4 publishing leadership project I presented during the Thursday night session with assistant course director Emily Wray. I was quite happy that all of my classmates chose to stay connected during the session and gave all participants great feedback. As previously stated in another blog post, the three conferences that I've chosen to submit a conference proposal are:


The link to my presentation can be found Here
Think Out Loud 1
Think Out Loud 2

No comments:

Post a Comment