Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE3 - Flash CS5

Ok. Well I will admit it. At this point "I SUCK AT FLASH!" I'm getting a little discouraged with myself as I'm trying to work with the Lasso Tool to section off a piece of a bitmap that I brought into Flash.

Ok, I will take a step back for a second before I go on my rant about my abilities. I did learn something today though. Here is a screen shot of an image that I brought into the flash library. There are 2 ways that you can choose to bring the bitmap image in. I chose to bring it to the stage as it seems silly to add the extra step of importing it into the library and THEN putting it on the stage. Just doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense to me to do it that way.

I first tried to use the lasso tool on this image thinking maybe it was just the fact that I was trying to separate out rocky outcropping at the bottom of the image. Every time that I would try to close out the selection it would deselect everything. Really! I am at the point where if I started pulling hair out of the top of my head I would have to get creative on finding spots. This next screen shot shows me at least figuring out how to select the multiple areas in a different image to try and select it. Pay no mind to the line going up to the top left corner as that was necessary for me to start the screen shot selection using Skitch.

Alas though, I will not give up. I have plenty of time tonight to keep playing around with this to figure it out. I will not go any further though in the modules until I do figure it out. Maybe. I hope it doesn't take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment