Sunday, October 17, 2010

BP12 - OMM Wallwisher.com

For this week's OMM I chose to highlight wallwisher.com. Since I did a workshop this week on digital storytelling for the teachers at my school, I wanted to take a step back from all the digital tools that I have at my disposal and take a look at this assignment as if I was one of them. I chose to use powerpoint to create my slides and converted them to .jpg images. I went this route because the lay classroom teacher would not know firsthand to go to creativecommons.org or have an istockphoto.com account to get stock photos to use (unless they were in my workshop this week because I taught them about creativecommons.org!).

I felt their frustration as I was confined to only using the clipart that was in the Microsoft Clip Art Gallery. Was very limiting. I will confess though that I did cheat on the music though. I went to iMovie and grabbed one of the loops and brought it into Animoto. And yes, I chose to use animoto.com again to create my OMM. Why not use something that is a VERY useful tool?

Here's my One Minute Message on wallwisher.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment