Saturday, October 16, 2010

PE2 - Flash CS5

I'm continuing with my practical experience learning Flash CS5 via the lynda.com tutorials. I'm now through with the third module. Much of what was covered in this third module I'm familiar with already from my experience using Photoshop CS5. Again, I'm very thankful that many of the keyboard shortcuts are the same.




The one thing I did learn tonight though was how to add a outline stroke to an object that either didn't already have one or needing a larger stroke around it in a different color. In this first screen shot I have created a basic merge drawing circle shape with a color fill. There is a small black stroke surrounding it. This is an example of what I learned in modules 1 and 2. It is always good though to review concepts previously learned so it is reinforced.





In this next example screen capture I've added a yellow stroke with a thickness of 22 around the red circle. I've also added yellow brush strokes around the yellow to give it the look of a sun. In the top left hand corner I've created the shape of a cloud using the brush tool. I then used the ink pen tool again to give the shape an outline black color. I then used the paint bucket fill tool to fill in the empty area with a grey color.


At this point, my experience working within Flash CS5 reminds me of using Microsoft Paint. However, I know that when I tried using Photoshop CS3 for the first time I was floored by all the tools that were in the toolbar. I had NO idea what any of them were used for. Much like in this PE experience, the tools that I used in this example were things that I have not used before in the other CS5 programs. Tomorrow's Practical Experience blog post looks to be covering using the timeline and external images. Time to get into the nitty gritty of it. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment