Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PE1 - Flash CS5

As I mentioned in my Pre-Practical Experience post earlier today, I'm focusing on my PE for the next two weeks on learning and improving in my use of Flash CS5. I'm using the lynda.com tutorial on Flash CS5 Essentials to facilitate my learning. So as not to have to go from screen to screen on my macbook, I'm using Safari on my iPad to watch the tutorials while at the same time having Flash CS5 open and following along the examples as they are being shown in the video.

This first example is a compilation of my learning through modules 1 and 2. This is my first experience working within the Flash CS5 environment. Going into this experience I thought there would be more similarities to working within the Photoshop CS5 program. The only thing that I've found so far is many of the toolbar features and shortcuts are the same. This will prove invaluable because much of what I do in Photoshop is done through shortcut keys. The things that are displayed in this example are the following toolbar features: Line Tool, Rectangle Tool, Oval Tool, Oval/Rectangle Primitive Tool, Polystar Tool and the Deco Tool.

I've also started on the third module "Moving Beyond the Basic Shapes" tonight while sitting at my son's Cub Scout meeting. I now see the big difference between merge drawing and object drawing. I'll talk about that more in my PE2 posting later this week. My goal is to go through at least 2 to 3 modules per day. That is a very loft goal, as some of the modules are almost an hour long. We shall see if I can maintain that level of commitment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment