Saturday, October 9, 2010

BP8 - OMM "Animoto"

For BP8 I am to create a one minute message (OMM) on one of the web 2.0 tools that I've researched and blogged about during weeks 1 and 2. For this OMM I am choosing Animoto. What better way to do a OMM on Animoto than to create an Animoto slideshow showing off what it can do. 



All the images are stock images from the Animoto image collection. The soundtrack is taken from iMovie. I could not use the sound effect right in iMovie, so I dragged it into garageband and then converted it to a mp3. I was then able to upload it to the Animoto website.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job Tom. Thanks for introducing me to Animoto - it is an amazing tool. I can't wait to create a few more videos myself using this tool. I enjoyed your OMM. Take care. Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jude.

    It only seemed apropos to use the tool to demonstrate the ease of using it to make the OMM. Being as anal retentive as I am it naturally took longer than it needed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent. I will let you know how I will use it in my own classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I first saw Dr. Rathburn's post and then traced his comments to yours. I love the design and music effects that can be added in such a short matter of time. This program looks like an exciting quick efficient way to archive and showcase one's still shots. I've seen a few other student projects using it as well, and if your video was created in 10 minutes with such a nice outcome, I will be experimenting with it soon. I can see where it will be a great way to capture still shots of my students next week as they interact with their mentors online for the first time. I want to document their activity from the beginning. Thank you for sharing your vacation pictures. I apologize if this posted a few times, I was getting an "visible after approval message", so the novice that I am have posted a few times. :-( Love the learning-hate the frustration. Love this new tool.

    ReplyDelete